Hi folks! It’s time for my meal plan. I plan out my meals for every day as it helps me spend my resources wisely.
Couple of intro notes:
- I stay away from canola and vegetable oils. The ONLY fats I have in my house is grass-fed butter, olive oil, and coconut oil.
- I do NOT use traditional wheat flour as a thickener. I always substitute tapioca flour or arrowroot. (Sometimes, white rice or potato starch, but I don’t make a habit of it. I have, however, made a KILLER sausage gravy with rice flour!)
- I do not use refined sugar. We keep maple syrup, raw honey, and rapadura (unbleached/unprocessed sugar)
- I ALWAYS pre-soak beans. I WOULD NOT SAY IT IF WERE NOT TRUE: That old musical tune in which we discuss beans being magical DOES.NOT.HAPPEN when you soak beans. (Read more on my soaking habits on another blogger’s site, here)
- All biscuits, breads, pancakes, and other bread-ish foods are either soaked, sprouted, or gluten-free (unless otherwise noted)
- I try to buy meats and eggs that are pastured. I’m not always so successful at finding it, so I do the best I can when I’m shopping.
- I do not use soy, corn, canola (rapeseed), alfalfa, papaya, or sugar beet products unless they are specifically marked and/or certified “Non-GMO”. (Do your own research on genetically modified organisms!)
- Special note on my no-GMOs and Gluten-Free stuff… this also means, no Xantham Gum ingredients (you’d be surprised how often they stuff it in GF recipes!) — xantham gum is often sourced from corn. :-/
So that’s my intro… I wanted to just rehash it for any newcomers so you understand, in case I don’t note it specifically, those are the types of substitutions (1:1) I make in all recipes.
So. On to the plan!
BREAKFAST: scrambled eggs, breakfast juice (half-way down the page), bread of choice (granola, toast, biscuits)
LUNCH: pasta*, leftovers
DINNER: soft tacos with this gluten-free tortilla recipe (get ’em thin, folks!)
EXTRAS: making homemade chocolate pudding
*This is the big “cheat” meal in our house. I don’t usually partake since it does not agree with the belly.
BREAKFAST: huevos rancheros (or scrambled eggs for those in the household that don’t like spicy)
LUNCH: Strawberry grain-free muffins, fresh fruit of choice, yogurt
DINNER: chicken alfredo (maybe I’ll hammer out the recipe this time!) with sprouted fettuccine pasta, broccoli
EXTRAS: soak oats for oatmeal in the morning!
BREAKFAST: homemade sausage, pumpkin soaked oatmeal (or bread of choice –granola, muffins)
LUNCH: leftovers, Berry smoothies (hidden spinach!), gluten & garbage-free nuggets (chic-fil-A copycat! LOOOVVEEE these!)
DINNER: Steak with this rub, green beans wrapped in bacon, Almond flour cookies,
EXTRAS: soak wheat for biscuits in the morning!
BREAKFAST: soaked biscuits, sausage gravy, yogurt with honey and nuts
LUNCH: Cheesy meatloaf, onion peas, fresh fruit of choice, leftovers
DINNER: Orange sriracha chicken, homemade fried rice (sorry, no recipe yet!), egg drop soup
EXTRAS: popping extra popcorn for caramel corn
BREAKFAST: bacon, teddy bear toast,
LUNCH: blueberry muffins, fresh fruit, smoothies (hidden veggies!), leftovers
DINNER: Smoky spicy scotch eggs, roasted carrots, mashed potatoes
EXTRAS: make caramel corn
BREAKFAST: french toast sticks (soaked bread + eggs!), applesauce
LUNCH: yogurt, leftovers, bourbon + fried eggs pork chops
DINNER: Mustard chicken, cream of broccoli soup, garlic toast
EXTRAS: soak flour for bread tomorrow
BREAKFAST: paleo gingerbread pancakes + bacon
LUNCH: fresh bread, hamburgers, blueberry coconut smoothies (hidden spinach!),
DINNER: Steak with this sauce/marinade, sweet potato casserole (don’t forget real food substitutions!), green beans
EXTRAS: making cinnamon struessel grain-free muffins
Tagged: meal plans