Hello, again! Here to post what I’m up to in the kitchen this week. I hope you find something yummy to include in your own menus!
A couple of new notes:
- I always keep chicken stock frozen in my freezer. I buy whole birds (waaaay cheaper), and literally get to use the whole thing by making my own broth. Find the crazy easy instructions here
- I always keep this homemade chocolate on hand for the chocolate cravings… this recipe makes it a health-food!
- It’s noted here, but I make one loaf of bread every week. We only eat soaked/sprouted. Recipe here
- I make a plan for every day, even if I know I won’t eat at home. This a) helps if plans change, I still have something to cook and am less likely to just “grab something” and b) helps my family when I am unable to be there, there’s still a plan for something to eat in my absence.
- I regularly make kale+apple juice. I use it to fill in the veggie needs (at least one of every color every day is our goal!). I don’t follow a recipe.
- I keep soaked beans in the freezer. I’m speaking from personal experience: properly soaking the beans helps with the… typical less-than-pleasant after-effects. I usually soak a bunch, and then pull out what I need. Here is the method I follow. (You should note that you do NOT have to use whey in this recipe. You can substitute for any acidic medium… vinegar, lemon juice, etc.)
Breakfast: Eggs, oatmeal, yogurt
Lunch: Pasta*, leftovers, applesauce
Dinner: Tortilla soup (I usually half the recipe), served with avocado & GMO-free corn tortilla chips
Notes/extras: make homemade chocolate
Breakfast: smoothies, bread of choice
Lunch: peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, fruit of choice
Dinner: Paleo Spinach Crepes with eggs and cheese
Breakfast: homemade french toast sticks, applesauce
Lunch: yogurt, fresh fruit, peanut butter spoons, bread of choice
Dinner: Shepherd’s Pie (real food conversions: olive oil for vegetable oil, arrowroot starch for flour), crustless pumpkin pie
Breakfast: bacon, smoothies, bread of choice
Lunch: fresh fruit, chicken nuggets
Dinner: Roasted carrots + onions, salmon roasted with garlic and lemon juice, Cheese+coconut biscuits (Akin to Red Lobster’s!)
Notes/extras: dehydrate fruit for fruit strips
Breakfast: teddy bear toast + bananas
Lunch: canned peaches, yogurt, egg drop soup (or scrambled eggs)
Dinner: Spicy Chicken and Sausage Stew (since this is spicy, I will probably offer left over chicken nuggets to my kids)
Notes/extras: soak oats for oatmeal, make paleo banana bread
Breakfast: oatmeal/banana bread, eggs
Lunch: fruit of choice, peanut butter jelly sandwiches, leftovers
Dinner: homemade refried beans, ground beef taco meat, soft tacos with these gluten-free tortillas,
Notes/extras: soak flour for bread tomorrow
Breakfast: Coconut Flour Pancakes, bacon
Lunch: fresh bread, yogurt, canned oranges
Dinner: Balsamic Steak (will substitute rapadura for brown sugar), will also use it on a generic cut of steak; roasted potatoes, peas
Notes/extras: make bread in the morning
Snacks for the week: All foods I make extra of, which are open for snacking. I also have fruit strips, pumpkin popovers, banana bread to snack on.